There shall be a Students Representative Council (SRC) elected by and representing all the students (or Junior Members) of the MIST.
The SRC shall be the official organ of the Junior Members of the MIST and shall be responsible for:
i. Promoting the general welfare and interests of students of MIST based on the Regulations and the facilities available.
ii. Coordinating the social, cultural, intellectual and recreational activities of the students of MIST.
iii. Presenting the views of the students of MIST to the appropriate body or bodies depending upon the nature of the matter;
iv. Establishing links and maintaining cordial relationship with students of other universities or educational institutions within and outside Ghana.
v. Nominating student representatives to serve on appropriate MIST bodies and committees and to manage the affairs of the students of MIST. Any student of the Institute is eligible to serve on any of the committees of MIST.
vi. Promoting cordial relationship with past students of MIST, in conjunction with the Public Relations Officer and the Alumni Office.
vii. Publishing a record of student activities.
The SRC shall have the right to appeal to the Academic Board through the President on academic matters affecting students.
On non-academic issues, the SRC shall appeal to the Management Committee through the Dean of Students.
4.1. Other Student Organisations
1. The Institute encourages students to get together to form groupings (such as study and sporting groups) as a way to better understand the common underpinnings of the different cultures in order to learn to live peacefully and harmoniously as ―one people with one destiny‖.
2. The Management Committee of the Institute may grant permission to students to form Societies or Clubs or groups of a specialized or general nature at the request of at least fifty interested students. A Senior Member must have agreed to be a Treasurer or an Auditor of the Society/Club/Group/Association.
3. Application to form a Society/Club/Group/Association must be submitted to the Dean of Students or, in his absence, the Registrar, together with the Constitution and proposals for establishing and sustaining it. This application (with the attachments) must be routed through the Students Representative Council (SRC) and accompanied by SRC‘s recommendations.
4. When approved by the Management Committee upon the recommendations of the Students‘ Affairs Committee, the name of the proposed Society/Club/Group/Association shall be published in the Students Magazine and posted on Students‘ Notice Boards.
5. Within one calendar month of the date of publication of the name of the Association, the Secretary shall furnish the names of the principal office holders of the Association to the Dean of Students or the Registrar. Thereafter, the Secretary shall transmit to the Dean of Students or the Registrar the names of the principal officers, once a year.
6. No secret Society/Club/Group/Association shall be granted permission to operate at MIST.
7. Student activities bordering on immorality, disruptive behaviour and indecency as well as acts which bring the name of MIST into disrepute shall not be condoned or tolerated. Such actions shall be referred to the Disciplinary Board for investigation and shall be dealt with swiftly in line with Rules 3 and 4 of the Disciplinary Rules of institute.